We're very excited to announce Project Pals has a new feature that allows teachers to update student projects after they've been assigned with templates.
This feature was highly requested by our teachers, so we're happy to inform you that it's finally here!
Plus, teachers can now pace projects by controlling students' access to different tabs, and only releasing new tabs when students are ready to move on.
Pacing your project can help keep students focused on what matters most at their current stage in the project, and even build anticipation and excitement for what's coming next.
Let's walk through how the new templates feature works for teachers and students...
How to Create Project Templates
Learn how to create new templates to update and pace your projects in 9 simple steps.
1. Choose one of your projects from ‘My Drafts.' You can also create new projects by pressing the '+' button, or clone a pre-made project from the Project Pals Catalog.
2. Assign the project to students and have them begin working on it.
3. Once you're ready to add a new tab to your project, go to your original project under ‘My Drafts.' Create a new tab and add all the material.
4. When you are ready to publish your new tab for students, select ‘Publish to Catalogue' from the Project Dashboard and then select ‘Publish to School Catalog.'
5. Under ‘Template Type,’ select ‘Single Tab Template.’ Make sure you're on the correct tab that you want to publish. Choose your template's categories, grade level, and duration.
6. Under ‘Project Type,’ select ‘Template.’ Note: Template is the only type that students will be able to see in their projects, so be sure to select ‘Template’ every time.
7. Press ‘Submit’ to submit your template to the School Catalog.
8. The template you just published should now be listed in the ‘Publish to Catalog’ window. You have the option to reveal or hide your template from students by toggling the eye icon on the right.
This can help you pace the release of your new tabs to students.
9. From the Home Page, select ‘School Catalog’ from the left menu to make sure that your new template is there. Students can now add this template to their project using the instructions below.
Note: You cannot update existing tabs students have already begun work on; you can only add new tabs. If you want to update an existing tab with a new text box or any other project asset, include it in the new tab and have students add it to the correct tab from the Content Library.
How to Add Templates to Your Project
Follow these 7 steps to add your teacher's templates to your project.
1. Log in to your Project Pals account.
2. Open your project.
3. Click the '+' button next to your project tabs.
4. Select 'New Tab from Template' from the menu.
5. From the Select a Template menu, choose the 'My School' tab. Then, click on your teacher's new template to select it.
6. Click the 'Create' button on the bottom right to add the template to your project.
7. The new template has now been added to your project. Check your last tab to see what's new!
Try out the new Templates feature on your next project and let us know your thoughts!
At Project Pals, we're always looking to add new features that improve your experience. This feature was highly requested by our teachers, and we look forward to adding more based on your feedback.
Have an idea for us? Let us know in the comments below!