A lesson plan template for student-centered literary analysis
In this four-step project, students compare and contrast the characters, plot, and theme of two similar Aesop’s Fables. This student-centered ELA project can be applied as a template to any literary work.
- Compare two literary works
- Identify the main characters and describe their characteristics
- Describe a plot by laying out its main occurrences
- Identify the conflict or theme
- Compare and contrast the reasons, decisions, actions, results and conclusions of the fables
- Define vocabulary words and write sample sentences